- Biology Image Library - An online collection of downloadable images, movies, illustrations and animations for use in lectures and seminars. All material is peer-reviewed by academic editors (incl. several MPI Directors) and may be freely used by all staff and guests of the Max Planck Society for any non-commercial purposes
- BioMed Central - an independent publishing house committed to providing immediate free access to peer-reviewed biomedical research
- ELS (Encyclopedia of Life Sciences) - Spanning the entire spectrum of life sciences, the Encyclopedia of Life Sciences (ELS) features more than 3,700 specially commissioned and peer-reviewed articles, making it an essential read for life scientists and a valuable resource for teaching. Aimed at researchers, students and teachers, articles provide comprehensive and authoritative coverage, written by leaders in the field.
- Faculty of 1000 (Bioinformatics and Computational Biology) and Faculty of 1000 (Genomics and Genetics) - The Faculty of 1000 databases offer a unique service that highlights and evaluates newly published research papers and conference posters in the biological and medical sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of over 1000 leading scientists. MPG-SFX services have been integrated.
- Journal Citation Report - The two editions of the JCR provide evaluation data (e.g. journal impact factors) for nearly 5.000 science journals and 1,700 social sciences journals.
- OVID Datenbankserver - The Ovid Database Server offers a collection of reference databases available to users within the Max Planck Society. Scientific literature from all disciplines may be searched via the powerful but easy-to-use interface provided by Ovid Technologies.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online (OED)
- ProQuest - ProQuest offers over 40 field-specific databases and Web-resources, covering natural sciences, social sciences, technology, and humanities via an advanced search interface. For information and support, see Database Support - ProQuest. For latest news, check the ProQuest blog posts
- PubMed-NCBI Accessing PubMed via this special URL will allow users from the Max Planck Society to take advantage of MPG-SFX Services to locate the full-text (electronic or print) or other relevant resources.
- SCOPUS Scopus is an abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources with smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research. SCOPUS is a product of Elsevier B.V.
- STNEasy - offers access to databases for chemistry (CAS, REGISTRY), for physics, electronics & computing (INSPEC), and for energy research (ENERGY).
- Web of Knowledge (WoK) by ISI - The WoK is a Web interface designed by ISI for searching scientific information resources. The following databases are currently available to the Max Planck Society:
- Web of Science - The WoS provides access to over 36 Million bibliographic records covering all fields of research since 1900
- Biosis Previews -BIOSIS Previews supplies comprehensive coverage of nearly 5,500 life science journals and 1,500 items from international meetings, review articles and books from Biological Abstracts and Biological Abstracts/RRM back to 1969
- ISI Proceedings - A multidisciplinary index to the published literature of the most significant conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia and workshops since 1992.
- Journal Citation Report
- Essential Science Indicators - Enables researchers to conduct ongoing, quantitative analyses of research performance and track trends in science.
For news, check our Web of Knowledge blog posts.