- Biology Image Library - An online collection of downloadable images, movies, illustrations and animations for use in lectures and seminars. All material is peer-reviewed by academic editors (incl. several MPI Directors) and may be freely used by all staff and guests of the Max Planck Society for any non-commercial purposes
- BioMed Central - an independent publishing house committed to providing immediate free access to peer-reviewed biomedical research
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts - CSA - The databases and collections cover major areas of research, including materials science, environmental sciences and pollution management, biological sciences, aquatic sciences and fisheries, biotechnology, engineering, computer science, sociology, and linguistics
- ELS (Encyclopedia of Life Sciences) - Spanning the entire spectrum of life sciences, the Encyclopedia of Life Sciences (ELS) features more than 3,700 specially commissioned and peer-reviewed articles, making it an essential read for life scientists and a valuable resource for teaching. Aimed at researchers, students and teachers, articles provide comprehensive and authoritative coverage, written by leaders in the field.
- Faculty of 1000 - a new online research service that will comprehensively and systematically highlight and review the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 1000 selected leading researchers
- Journal Citation Report - The two editions of the JCR provide evaluation data (e.g. journal impact factors) for nearly 5.000 science journals and 1,700 social sciences journals.
- OVID Datenbankserver - The Ovid Database Server offers a collection of reference databases available to users within the Max Planck Society. Scientific literature from all disciplines may be searched via the powerful but easy-to-use interface provided by Ovid Technologies.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online (OED)
- PubMed-NCBI Accessing PubMed via this special URL will allow users from the Max Planck Society to take advantage of MPG-SFX Services to locate the full-text (electronic or print) or other relevant resources.
- SCOPUS Scopus is an abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources with smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research. SCOPUS is a product of Elsevier B.V.
- Web of Knowledge (WoK) by ISI - The WoK is a Web interface designed by ISI for searching scientific information resources. The following databases are currently available to the Max Planck Society:
- Web of Science - The WoS provides access to over 36 Million bibliographic records covering all fields of research since 1900
- Biosis Previews -BIOSIS Previews supplies comprehensive coverage of nearly 5,500 life science journals and 1,500 items from international meetings, review articles and books from Biological Abstracts and Biological Abstracts/RRM back to 1969
- ISI Proceedings - A multidisciplinary index to the published literature of the most significant conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia and workshops since 1992.
- Journal Citation Report
- Essential Science Indicators - Enables researchers to conduct ongoing, quantitative analyses of research performance and track trends in science.
!!IMPORTANT CHANGE IN THE WEB OF KNOWLEDGE!!:
Phrase searching is no longer implied in TOPIC searches! (more ...)